Post Reply
  • OS requirements? : General Discussion Area
halfmad Posts: 6 Joined: Feb 2008
Posts:6 Joined:Feb 2008
Hi all,

Anyone know what OS's the bots run under? Got various PCs I'd like to run it on but the main one is a test PC from work - running server 2008. LOTRO runs fine on it etc but not sure if the bot will. It's got .net framework 1,2,3,3.5 installed. In theory it should be ok?
ScreamingEagle Site Admin Posts: 2580 Joined: Oct 2007
Site Admin
Posts:2580 Joined:Oct 2007
Should run under any windows environment XP and up
halfmad Posts: 6 Joined: Feb 2008
Posts:6 Joined:Feb 2008
Sadly it would appear it doesn't like server 2008, will have to try it on another PC then :P

Simply won't load the .exe, instantly get LotroViperLauncher.exe has stopped working.

All .net frameworks installed and updated (framework 2 is built into server 2008).
ScreamingEagle Site Admin Posts: 2580 Joined: Oct 2007
Site Admin
Posts:2580 Joined:Oct 2007
you may need the latest c++ runtimes from microsoft. Also 2008 is very finicky about permissions and access rights to the programs you run. I would also check them.
halfmad Posts: 6 Joined: Feb 2008
Posts:6 Joined:Feb 2008
Screaming do you know if theres' a list of requirements needed to run the bot?

.net framework versions, C++ runtimes, anything else?
halfmad Posts: 6 Joined: Feb 2008
Posts:6 Joined:Feb 2008
Got it working, suddenly realised that although UAC was disabled I hadn't completely turned off DEP. Once I turned it off entirely:

run this at command prompt:
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

restart PC, loads up no problem.

I had a feeling it was something daft that was preventing it running :D
ScreamingEagle Site Admin Posts: 2580 Joined: Oct 2007
Site Admin
Posts:2580 Joined:Oct 2007
yeah 2008 is really picky about a lot of things
User avatar PitViper Site Admin Posts: 20215 Joined: Oct 2007
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts:20215 Joined:Oct 2007
Dissable UAC (Its a new and improved version I know, not much about it yet).

Set viper to run in compatiblity mode (right click properties on exe).

Finally, try logging as a admin user.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion Area”